Here at Flannery's we are in the process of recruiting for plant operator apprenticeships; we currently have apprenticeships on offer starting in March and June.
There will be an apprentice open day hosted by Cambridge Regional College, Kings Hedges Road, Cambridge, CB24 2QT on Saturday 28th January 2017 where applicants will be able to get a taster by operating excavators, telehandlers as well as simulators. It is a similar event to the one held in Manchester in October.
To register your interest or attendance to the Cambridge open day please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The apprenticeship scheme is split between training and on site working experience. Each successful candidate will be put through the following training scheme on the named equipment;
* Induction 1 week
* Slinger/Signaller plus slinging and lifting with excavators 2 weeks
* 360 excavator 4 weeks
* Forward Tipping Dumpers 1 week
* Articulated Dump truck 1 week
* Ride on Roller 1 week
* Tracked Dumper 1 week
* Plant and Vehicle Marshall 1 week
You would usually work around 40 hours a week, but your working hours may vary depending on the job. Most of your work will be outdoors, and conditions could be noisy and dirty. You would travel between jobs, and traveling distances will vary.
To be a construction plant operator, you will need to have:
* A basic knowledge of vehicle mechanics
* Good concentration
* Practical skills
* The ability to follow detailed instruction
* Good communication skills
* An awareness of safe working practices
* Good teamwork skills and the ability to work with others
* A car licence and experience would be a bonus.
If you have a son/daughter, extended family member, and friends or in general know of someone who might be interested in this please forward your interest and CV to:
Please ensure you email Charlotte with your interest/CV on her email address provided as he will not have access to any comments left on here or left as a private message.