Reporting to: Hire Managers
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience working with Flannery Plant Hire. As a Flannery apprentice, you will utilise the support provided to maximise the benefits for your professional development. You will have the opportunity to work in a supportive environment to develop the knowledge and professional skills required in a workplace.
We want to work with young people from every background, so we are passionate about building a diverse workforce that represents the clients we support. We, therefore, welcome applications from everyone who meets the essential criteria for the role. If you think you are fit for this role but do not have all the desirable experience, we would still love for you to apply, as you will have the chance to complete a supporting statement/assessment to let us know what you would bring to the table.
- Undertake duties in full accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
- Liaise with customers to negotiate and undertake all on and off hires (this includes collation of all required information by email)
- Liaise with the transport department to arrange relevant deliveries and collections
- Liaise with yard staff to ensure the correct equipment is available and made ready
- Gain product knowledge on an ongoing basis to enable yourself to advise and assist customers in their requirements
- Locate and process rehired requirements from agreed suppliers as and when required
- Responding to emails in a professional manner.
- Ad hoc duties where necessary
Ensure all personal data is collected, stored, and processed in line with Data Protection Act (DPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Company policies
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- GCSE A-C / 4-9 English
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to forge working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Use of Excel, Word, Microsoft Office and in house system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management
- Strong attention to detail
Email here to apply:Recruitment@flanneryplant.co.uk
ABOUT FLANNERY PLANT HIRE:
Delivering excellence in the hire of self-drive and operated plant for the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure projects, Flannery supports clients from a network of depots across the UK and Ireland.
Focused on social responsibility, Flannery seek out the safest, most innovative and sustainable solutions, that deliver value and leave a greener, cleaner legacy. By continuing to invest heavily in the latest plant and equipment clients can expect Stage IV and V engines, hybrid technology and the widest range of fully electric plant. As well as machinery equipped with the latest GPS and machine control systems, increasing accuracy and providing a more efficient operation.
Driving the availability and consistency of data as the industry strives for fully connected site solutions is fundamental to the Flannery proposition. The bespoke telematics dashboard provides clients with access to live data that encourages meaningful analysis and behavioural change, enabling effective, environmentally responsible hire solutions.
The safety and well-being of employees, clients and the communities in which we work are of paramount importance. By placing a strong focus on training and investing in people (as well as a plant) the company provides a range of opportunities designed to upskill operators, ready for the demands of the modern-day, digitally enabled construction site. While an active apprenticeship and engagement program designed to inspire the next generation of hire professionals ensures the Flannery team is growing and ready for work.
In 2021 we launched the Operator Skills Hub, a purpose-built facility in Birmingham that utilises state-of-the-art training simulators as well as the latest semi-autonomous vehicles to provide a consistent, quality training experience for operators and apprentices. Delivering the very best training via our CPCS Plant Trainers and adopting the latest safety innovations supports our zero-harm ambition.