Leading training and skills development to ensure the business maintains its position as a leader in respect of training standards and operational competence within its sector.
- Developing a comprehensive training strategy across the business to ensure competence and compliance and those future skills requirements are addressed.
- Maintaining skills and training matrix across the business.
- Managing a training team to ensure all training and assessments are completed and updated on the training matrix.
- Management and development of internal trainers.
- Setting the standards and expectations for operational training within the business by leasing with the operations team.
- Facilitating and organising the use of external training organisations to deliver effective and standardised training across the business.
- Developing and enhancing existing training material in accordance with industry and company.
- Undertake regular training audits to ensure the depots and remote teams are compliant with the business standards.
- Working with the wider SHEQ team to establish and maintain systems and processes that ensure we are not just compliant but operating to the high standard of safety we expect both in our sites and when delivering projects.
- To liaise with industry training standard organisations (CITB, NOCN) and other industry stakeholders in order to establish good working relationships to manage and be a voice in the sector.
- To work with Operational teams to ensure a robust and understood system of training management is followed, supported by other relevant stakeholders.
- Report on trends within your area of responsibility and implement actions and focused programs to deliver change within the business.
- Overseeing the development of a new training centre in Buckinghamshire and Birmingham.
- Commercial Management – Ensuring training is procured in the most cost-effective manner and all available grants and funding opportunities are claimed.
- Delivering a clear long-term strategy for the business aimed and ensuring the business remains at the forefront of training and development across the sector
- Actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ensure records are managed to ensure compliance with company GDPR policy.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong computer skills – focused on Excel / Word / PowerPoint and ideally and ideally conversant with other software, e.g. MS Project.
- Ability to lead multiple projects with unique challenges and opportunities to deliver effective performance.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and negotiation.
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports, and make recommendations to the Board.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget, and high quality.
- Ability to use initiative and good judgement when responding to emerging situations, deciding, and agreeing on appropriate actions aligned to the business strategy.
- Experience and knowledge of working within the construction and training industries.
- Experience in managing a team
- Extensive experience of managing teams and individuals
- Proven, effective Project Management skills
- Strong commercial and financial experience
- Clear drive and ambition
Contextual or other information
- Occasional working away from home
- Assist in any other duties that may be requested from time to time
To apply, please email email@example.com