Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Main Purpose of Job Install & Service Machine Control Equipment on Plant
Reporting to Digital Manager
Qualifications & Experience Experienced plant fitter with mechanical, electrical and
Aptitude & Skills Technical skills, problem solving, attention to detail, teamwork, excellent communication skills, flexible attitude.
Location Luton Southern Area , plus extensive travel to customer sites which may include our London , Newport and Birmingham offices.
Company vehicle, Laptop , Mobile Phone Provided. Hotel costs will be expensed by the business in advance which will include an evening meal.
• To carry out installations of 2D and 3D Machine Control systems on a variety of construction plant equipment such as excavator dozers and graders. This will take place on customers’ sites throughout the UK and Flannery Depots Nationwide.
• To carry out service calls to above-mentioned machines to identify and repair any faults or system errors.
• To perform bench repairs in Manchester and Birmingham service centre when not on installs or service calls.
• To prepare and check equipment prior to installs.
• Training operators and engineers on the use of Leica /Trimble Machine Control Equipment
• Establishing site control, installations of GPS Base Stations, Localisation of GPS machinery, carryout site checks using Leica and Trimble Total Station and GPS Survey equipment
• Calibrating machine equipment, checking accuracy and addressing machine and site errors
• Handling data and installing DTM files to machines and preparing and checking customer information using CAD office. Creating avoidance zones and training in the use of file import and export for machine GPS
Job Spec : Support & Installation Engineer Machine Control
• Experience in plant fitting, working with machines such as heavy plant earthmoving or horticultural machinery.
• Experience with Computers.
• Experience with Survey Equipment, GPS, Lasers Total Stations.
• Great attitude, must be willing to listen and learn.
• Clean, full driving license and willing to travel to meet customer demands.
Salary dependant on experience
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please email your CV to: email@example.com