Flannery Plant Hire is a blue-chip company & one of the biggest suppliers of operated & self-drive plant hire in the UK.
We are currently looking for workshop fitters for our Manchester depot.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Fitter is responsible for all duties associated with the post including fitting/welding duties at our Manchester depot.
- Maintenance and repair of mobile & fixed plant and equipment as requested by the workshop supervisor both at our depot
- Follow instructions as directed by the workshop supervisor
Assist with the safe operation of the work area and any customer site
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance and fitting duties on a wide range of Plant items such as hydraulic excavators, dumpers, telehandlers and dozers
- Cutting and welding as requested by workshop supervisor
- Keeping accurate records e.g. pre-delivery inspections and returns inspection of plant, records of works carried out and parts used
- Liaising and working with outside contract fitting staff
- Complying with delegated responsibilities in the areas of Safety, Health and Welfare and have a proactive approach towards the reduction/elimination of accidents and dangerous occurrences in the workplace
- Carrying out any mechanical repairs and maintenance duties assigned or requested by Workshop supervisor and or Service Manager
- Follow work practices and instructions as directed by Workshop Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years post qualification experience working as a mobile plant fitter
- Experience and competency of fault-finding, maintenance and repair of heavy-duty construction plant
- Knowledge and awareness of Health, Safety and Welfare practice and legislation, with experience of on-site construction situations
- Possess the ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have own tools
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
To apply, please email to email@example.com